Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo and babies on the way!

Mike served his mission in Estonia. Do you know what they eat in Estonia? Me neither. Why? Because the medical bills were so high from missionaries in the baltics eating things that did not sit right with them that the elders weren't allowed to eat with the members. So what recipes did my husband bring home from his mission? Chinese Gung-Pow Chicken (the best ever! Yum!) and tortillas!

So, for Cinco De Mayo, we had our traditional burritos with homemade tortillas. They were delicious, of course!
As another surprise, my sister Calli gave birth early that morning! She was supposed to have a c-section on the 20th, but apparently he was ready to come. Brody Tres Potter was born on cinco de mayo. We're excited to get to meet him... eventually! But for now, he sure is cute in his pictures. Congrats Calli and Brendan!

The great thing for me that came out of this was that I get to have my baby earlier! My mom was going to fly out to Kansas a couple days before Calli had her c-section and stay until May 31st, leaving me strict instructions that I couldn't have my baby until she got back so she could take care of Amy while we were in the hospital. Well, when Calli's baby came she flew out that morning, so now she's back! Yeah! So today, Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day) is D-day for me! I'm supposed to call the hospital tonight to see what time they want me to come in and be induced! Hooray! I'm so ready! It's still all starting to hit me that we're going to have a baby tonight, or tomorrow morning more likely. We've been talking to Amy about it and I think she's finally getting it.

This is a really funny conversation that Mike had with Amy the other day. The baby is Kylee Owen, but Amy woke up from her nap and was sure that this was baby brother. This is when I realized that she actually understood that baby brother was a real baby.

This is how Amy and I typically spend our afternoons. I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with Amy (at least not after the first trimester), but I can take a good 3 hour nap every afternoon and sleep from 10 to 7 every night. Craziness.

0 comments: