Monday, May 25, 2009

Amy's World

Here are some random pictures of what Amy's been up to the past few months.
Amy is a book fanatic. If you let her, she will let you read books to her ALL DAY LONG. As soon as I finish one, she says "I go get another one." She has gone from my close-the-door-and-go-to-sleep baby to my "leave a door open" and "I want a book" baby. She feels she needs to go to bed with a minimum of 3 books in her bed. This is how we find her asleep because of that!
Amy loves to be a princess and dance around at Grandma Lewis's house. She especially has a thing for this rock. She just stands there... Random child.
My mom made this super cute chef's hat and apron for Amy to use when she's cooking in her kitchen. She totally posed like this by herself too. So cute!
So here's my "I'm a bad mom" story. Amy and I were going to the store and she was standing in front of me helping me push the shopping cart. I didn't notice her shoes were untied, so as we were walking I stepped on her shoelace and she fell. Her eye landed right on the the wheel of the shopping cart. Poor baby. She was very sad, but my promise of a "special treat" made everything better. I know, I'm a bribing mom.
The Goodyear Park turned the splashpad on a few weeks ago, and Amy likes it much more this year than last year. In fact, she likes to lay on her stomach and try to drink the water. Yeah, I know, gross. We're working on that. She does the same thing in the swimming pool and at the lake. Blah.

Amy has gotten in a bad habit of coming into our room between 2 and 5 am. So, to stop this, we started putting the baby gate up in her doorway. This was her plea for us to stop putting it up.

1 comments:

Moss Family said...

Oh, I LOVED all your posts!!!! AHHHHHH....I am so excited for you to have your babe! Can't wait to see pix!!! And can't wait to hear about the job opportunities!!! I went private....e-mail me when you have a free minute and I'll add you (mickten14@hotmail.com). Anyway....enjoy that new babe of yours!