Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Recipes

I was just recently directed to this awesome website. Here are the reasons why I LOVE it:
1) The meals are super easy and quick to make. Most involve less than 10 ingredients.
2) They are cheap recipes. They actually give you an estimate at the bottom as to how much each meal would cost you.
3) It's created by moms, so the meals are typically very kid-friendly. I tried this one tonight. I have never seen Amy completely clean her plate at dinner time. She's more of a snacker, not a big-meal eater unless it's something she ADORES (which to date has been potato or tomato soup and chicken divan). But she absolutely loved dinner tonight and kept asking for more!
4) The recipes sound like things we would actually eat! The ingredients are actually things I recognize and as I read through them, they sound good to me! That's hard to find in a new recipe.
5) They give photo directions at each step so that it's clear what you need to do. The directions are really simple anyways, but it's still nice to look at your food and say "Hey! That looks just like the picture! I must have done it right!"
6) They post a new recipe practically every day (except sometimes Fridays). I seriously sat here going through all of their old recipes because I loved them all! I think I'll have a new morning ritual - get up, go to the bathroom, get Amy some breakfast, check the recipe of the day!

Anyway, that's all. Let me know if you try any of the recipes and either really like them or are not a big fan.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Did you not include the website name or am i missing it?!

Lindsey said...

The website is http://mealplanningmommies.blogspot.com/. If you click on the highlighted "this", it would have linked you to it.

Heather said...

Thanks for the website. I will totally use it.
Your little girl is so cute as well.