Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Introducing...

Baby Boy Laudie! That's right! The ultrasound is pretty clear that, come this June, we will be welcoming a little blue baby into our family! Mike is very excited (although he's a silent celebrater because he's afraid I'll laugh at him later if he gets too excited, and because he doesn't want to act like he wasn't as excited about Amy), and Amy likes to tell me she's having a "baby brudder," although she still thinks she has a baby in her belly too, and that dad has a baby in his belly. We can already tell he's going to be stubborn because he wedged himself into a corner so the ultrasound tech couldn't get the spinal reading she needed. When she went back to take some more pictures so we could have a couple copies, he had moved (thinking she was done) and she got him! He's a sneaky one!

The strange thing is that my mom will now have more grandsons than granddaughters, because my sister Calli is having a boy too, bringing the total to 3 boys and 2 girls. That's strange only because we came from a family of ALL girls, so this is a new adventure. No names picked out yet, but we'll keep you posted!

13 comments:

Rochelle said...

Congrats on a boy!!!!

Moss Family said...

Congrats! Boys are so fun!

The Becker Bunch said...

I have been SO thrilled for you all day today...and so excited to know before all the other bloggers!! BOYS ARE TRULY SO SO FUN!! They are wild little things, but there is just SOMETHING about a mommy and son relationship that is different and wonderful!!:) Tell Mike to go into his room, shut the door, and jump for joy...we all know he wants to!!:)

Christie Knight said...

Congratulations! It is so neat to see how proud men are when they find out they are going to have a little boy! We are so happy for you guys!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Congratulations on the baby boy! What fun! And I loved all the updates....it's fun to see what your family is up to.
Sarah (Mike's cousin)

cindy said...

What I want to know is when baby boy laudie was hiding in the corner concentrating on hiding from you...was his tongue hanging out! I am so excited, and its okay for Mike to be happy I know your dad had just a spark of hope before each of you were born, but having all girls let him off the hook for the bathroom run at restrants.

Lindsey said...

As a matter of fact mom, we were watching the ultrasound and the baby DID stick his tongue out! I laughed and told Mike it was DEFINITELY his son!

Valerie said...

Yay! How exciting! We'll find out soon enough if we have a boy or girl--I'm about to pop, either any day or any minute, so we'll see.

As for "A Christmas Story", it's not Christmas for my family without that movie. Love it. It's quoted year-round.

And Amy is adorable even when she's covered in snow and crying.

AZ Owen's said...

Yeah for you guys! Now mike will have one that wants to follow him around. We are excited for you!

Aaron & Tami said...

Congrats on the news about having a boy that will be so much fun and Amy will have fun with the brother!!

Katie said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you! I came from a family of all girls as well, but I can tell you that I love my two little boys!--I love my girls too.
Katie (another cousin)

Allison said...

How exciting! Congrats.

Michael and Aubray said...

YaY!! Boys are so spectacularly fun! I hope your pregnancy goes well and that you have a safe and relaxing birth. Congratulations!! Take care, Aubray