Monday, January 12, 2009

Halloween Fun!

So after getting comments about how I haven't posted FOREVER (which is true), I've decided to finally catch up. It may take me a day or two, but I have a list of posts I need to do, so bare with me and feel free to skim.

Halloween this year was it's usual crazy chaos. We always seem to over-enjoy the holiday, and this year was no exception. We decided we wanted to have a murder mystery party because we found this fantastic one online that allowed for a lot of people with a lot of random side-stories and plots. Thanks so much to everyone for coming (especially Lisa and TJ who drove all the way from Chandler)! Mike and I had a lot of fun, and we hope you did too! Special thanks to Nikki for helping to plan our event and to the Eastman's for hosting it at their house! You guys are great friends!
Jace Larkin & Chris Allen... conspiring. (clockwise) Nikki Becker, Seth Becker (aka Nacho), someone I can't see, Liz Boatman, Mandy Wilson
Mike, Lisa, and TJ

I have this weird obsession with making costumes. Mostly it's because Mike has rubbed off on me too much and I have a hard time spending $50 on a costume we're going to wear for 1 night - although we did dress up a total of 3 times this year, so maybe it would have been worth it. Last year I had given Mike a list of ideas to pick from, and he really wanted to be the Flintstones one year, and with the new baby on the way we figured this would be the best year to do it. Amy's the cutest Pebbles ever!
I'm ready! Let's go! Amy with Great-Grandma Knight Amy and Grandma Lewis, already eating candy!

Trick or Treat!


What's in there?


Kiss the pumpkin!
We of course did pumpkins again this year. Amy was quite helpful in trying to get the seeds out. She thought it was fun - I guess she's not as girly as I thought she was. Mike and Richard took theirs to the ward Trunk-or-Treat (great party Activities Committee!) and won (of course) because they spend RIDICULOUS hours doing them. Very cool though. Mike is also the proud winner of the most unique chili contest at the trunk-or-treat for his white chicken chili. Good job honey!

Mike's (left) = 5 hours, and Lindsey's (right) = 1 hour
The winning pumpkins! Mike (left) and Richard (right)

Amy had a lot of fun trick-or-treating with Mike while I handed out candy. I thought for sure she'd get distracted by the one piece of candy and not care about getting more, but boy was I wrong! She figured out REALLY quick that the more people she walked up to, the more candy she got. She's a quantity girl! She got the majority of her candy at the ward Trunk-or-Treat, but Mike decided she needed to experience the door-to-door too, so he walked her around the corner to the Owen's where we were eating pizza Halloween night before the Boatman's fantastic party! So, to count, we dressed up the week before for the ward Trunk-or-Treat, 5 days before for our murder mystery party, and Halloween night for the Boatman's party - I was definitely DONE with that costume by the time Halloween was over, but it was a lot of fun!