Monday, January 12, 2009

Turkey Day

Not a whole lot to report about Thanksgiving (And no pictures! How sad!). The day started off with Mike going to the ward turkey bowl (this is after he burned his fingers badly on the hot chocolate he was making to take). He caught some good passes, while I enjoyed part of the game from my chair on the sidelines and Amy played at the park.

We spent the rest of Thanksgiving with my family. Thanksgiving lunch was over at my grandparent's house this year. We ate lots of food. I made a pumpkin roll for desset (because Summer really wanted it and I love her) and sweet potatoes as a side (didn't turn out like Grandma's... I need her recipe. More butter and sugar I think!). I did make a pumpkin pie too, but that was for Mike because he always wants more pumpkin pie afterwards. We had a relaxing day. Amy got to run around and some of the cousins played volleyball. We didn't have a ton of my cousins there (everyone seemed to have somewhere else to be this year), but it was my Grandpa's sisters and their families too, so definitely a lot of people. This is actually the year of the Lindsey Family Reunion (my great-grandma's maiden name was Lindsey), which means we usually get together with my great-grandma's siblings' families all the way down. Because of the large numbers, we usually go to Pioneer Park for lunch (across the street from the temple), but this year we broke up into smaller groups, hence just my Great-Grandma's family met at my grandma's house (confused yet?). Anyway, we still got a lot of the groups together for the annual (are you ready for this?) FAMILY DANCE. That's right, growing up we would go to this dance every other year and dance with our cousins. A little weird, but the line dancing was always fun, and now it's a tradition (although I heard rumor that it's going to turn into an Easter dance instead of a Thanksgiving dance).

Here's a shout-out to all of my junior high friends - remember the guy who used to DJ at all the stake dances every saturday night? You know - the guy with the Brittney Spears microphone over his ear and we were all a little weirded out by - yeah... he was the DJ at my family dance. It was pretty funny. Anyway, Amy had fun dancing with the little girls that were running around in circles, I got to waltz with my Daddy and my husband, and all and all we had a fun time being goofy with my family! Those of you who don't go to this every year like we do, you are totally missing out.

0 comments: