Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Memorable Memorial Day

Monday was a blast! We woke up early (6:30 early!)... which is insane as it is on a holiday... to head over to Gilbert and meet up with my family to go jet-skiing at Roosevelt Lake (near Globe). It's a bit of a drive, but there's usually less people out there so we have more room to have crazy fun. We went with my parents, my sister Lisa, her husband TJ, TJ's brother Jake, and the Owen's. It was actually really windy out there, so the water was pretty choppy and the water was pretty cold (considering the rain we had last week), but it was still a lot of fun. The water was really high so we spent a little time just trying to find some shoreline to set up our base camp, but once we found a small area we were off! We were there for several hours just lounging in the sun, playing cards, eating lunch, and of course jet skiing. Richard even brought his float plane (he builds model airplanes) and flew it over the lake. Thanks for a great day dad!

Grandma and Amy hanging out on the shore.



Lindsey, Richard, and Mike oiling up.

Mike and Richard, and Lisa and TJ on the jet skis

Mike and Richard after a windy, cold trip

Amy doing what Amy does best... eating

Richard, Mike, Dad, Lisa, TJ, and Jake switching turns

Amy loved sitting on the jet ski, even it it wasn't moving (we didn't have a life vest for her so she couldn't ride this time, much to Mike's dismal and despite Mike's begging)



Naptime with Aunt Lisa



Once Amy got used to the water, she had a blast swimming, although the waves made it a little difficult to stay standing up without help.



8 comments:

Rochelle said...

Looks like you guys have been busy. I can't believe the graduation turned out so well with so many wet people. I'll have to remember the trash bag idea.

andreamatrix said...

How fun. I didn't even know there was a lake over there.

Elise and Dan said...

I grew up doing that. And my Dad also had a boat.I love to water ski! It was some of the best memories growing up! It made me sad to see al the fun you gys had! I am glad that you had fun!

Amie said...

Good times! Too bad for Amy, next year she'll be racing the those things! Glad you guys got to get away and enjoy some water time!

mph said...

How fun! I love water skiiing so I bet I would love jet skiiing!

kimber said...

The lake is the best! We also went to the lake that day, but I did not get in the water, a little too cold for me.

kimber said...

The lake is the best! We also went to the lake that day, but I did not get in the water, a little too cold for me.

kimber said...

Sorry, somehow I did it twice.
Just wanted to make you think you got a lot of comments at once:)