Friday, May 16, 2008

Can I Open My Presents NOW?


This is a little belated, but I had the best Mother's Day! Mike spoils me rotten on holidays, not even really talking about the gifts but more the thought and attention and actions. To start off with, he decided he wanted to cook me Mother's Day dinner, but we were going over to my mom's house so I could cook her dinner. Does this deter him? Of course not - he makes me dinner the night before. Yum, yum... pepper steak. One of my favorites! To top it all off, he had spent the whole day cleaning the house and watching Amy while I had been in Mesa for a baby shower and to get dinner stuff for the next day at my mom's house. So now I have good food and a clean house. Pretty perfect right. Yes, but he topped it all by making delicious fondue (symphony bar, milk, chopped peanuts, marshmallow cream, and toffee, with bananas, strawberries, and apples!). Oh, and he got me this beautiful bouquet of roses too! What a great guy!

The next morning he made me a delicious omelet and gave in when I begged for my gifts (he wanted me to wait until the evening when we got home from my parent's house, but it was my day, so I won). He got me the Taylor Swift CD (I love her!) and Amy gave me a mommy book called "I love my mom because...", along with a card from Mike and a card from Amy (with her yellow-painted hand print on the inside). We went to my mom's house after church and had pizza and salad (yes, that's what she picked) and played games with my family and went to visit my grandparents! All and all, it was a pretty spectacular day! Thank you Mike for all you do!

5 comments:

andreamatrix said...

The perfect mother's day! Your mom looks so young! Really! I think I would make Mike just play the violin all day long....

Rochelle said...

What a great hubby!!!!!!!!! Maybe Justin should take lessons....hmmm. Actually my mother's day was pretty dang good too, I just like to give him a hard time.

The Becker Bunch said...

OHhhhhhh, so cute!! He's a keeper...IT'S TRUE!!

cindy said...

You choose wisely

mph said...

Wow!!! I made sure to tell Matt all the things he did! Maybe he can get some ideas for next year!