Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother Dear I Love You So



Since Mother's Day is tomorrow, I'd like to take a minute and write this tribute to my mom. I'm really not even sure where to begin. My whole life my mom has been a rock in our family. She has always been the best example to me. When I was little I thought my mom could do everything. Now that I'm older I learned that it was true. She cooks, sews, cleans, gardens, does hair, and does every crafty thing under the sun. I admit, it's a little intimidating at times, but I've just come to realize that no one can be as great as her, so I'm not the only one!

My mom has always supported me in all of my decisions. I wanted to play sports in high school, she was at every game. I wanted to play the violin, she did her best to stay awake. I wanted to go to college, she paid my tuition. This last one is especially dear to my heart, because not only did she give me the opportunity to go but she was my greatest cheerleader when it came to finishing it. She knew how important it was to me to get my degree, so she stood beside me the entire way.

My mom is also the best grandma to my little Amy. When I was in school, Amy stayed with Grandma from sun up to sun down twice a week, and then she pretended to enjoy it! Whenever we get in the car and Amy gets a little fussy, I just tell her we're going to see Grandma and she starts looking out the windows going "mamma, mamma". I hope Amy grows up knowing what a special woman her Grandma is.

The most important thing my mom has done for me in my life is to show me her testimony of the Savior. We're big criers in our family, so we don't get up real often to share it, but she shared it in our home, and through her actions. Every room in our home, and almost every wall, depicted some aspect of the gospel. We were raised to follow every counsel given and she led by example in that. Her strength has helped me to grow closer to my Father in Heaven, and I thank her for that.

Mom, Happy Mother's Day, and thank you for all you do for me and my family. We would be lost without you. I love you.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

what a great mom you have. Thanks for sharing.

mph said...

I enjoyed reading that. What a great example! You look like your Mom, just different coloring.

:) said...

What a beautiful post! I loved it. And you do look like your Mom. . . I don't look a thing like mine.

Elise and Dan said...

Very tender post! Thanks for sharing! You're mom is beautiful!

cindy said...

Just to set the record straight your dad payed your tuition...or at least helped you finish what you couldn't do on your own...(that almost sounds doctrinal)...and it is easy being mom to practically perfect in every was lindsey...love you