Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ohio!


Yes, it's official. The AZ Laudies will soon be the OH Laudies. Mike has accepted a position with Applied Signal Technologies in Fairborn, Ohio (right outside Dayton). He will start work on June 15th (yeah, that's in a week and a half), and Amy, Matthew and I will follow him out a couple of weeks later. While we really wanted to stay here in Arizona, there were just no job opportunities here at this time, so as we started to look elsewhere there seemed to be a number of opportunities. We never really imagined ourselves as Ohio people, but I guess it's just a new adventure!


Personally, I'm nervous and excited about the move. I'm nervous for the unknown area, new ward, new house, and all that goes with the move. I'm also very excited for this new chapter in our lives and the chance to explore a new part of the country. We are very sad to leave friends and family in Arizona (especially my family that we have been spoiled to live so close to for the past 4 years!). I will miss Arizona, although Mike can't contain his excitement for snow. Ultimately, we feel this is the right move for our family and will embrace Elder Wirthlin's recent talk and say "Come What May and Love It!"

7 comments:

Mandi Allen said...

I bet you will have so much fun. You better keep your blog updated and let me know when you are coming to Arizona to visit, or I will have to hunt you down and then take you coupon shopping till you drop.

Moss Family said...

First, congrats on the adorable baby! And also....CONGRATS on the new job...I am excited and nervous for you. You will be missed, but I am excited for your new adventures! Can't wait to see pix of all your new things and places!

Allison said...

Congrats on everything! And wow...I can't believe its been 5 years!! I vaguely remember back in the day when y'all were still a couple dating at BYU. Good luck in Ohio. Y'all will undoubtedly be great member missionaries there.

Liz said...

That's coming up so soon! I'm so excited for you guys. Although I will admit, I wish that a move would bring you closer to us in TX. I know, I'm selfish like that.

Good luck with getting all ready for a move!

E is for Elmes said...

It's crazy how so many of us are in your situation in one way or another. Change is also on the herizon for us! So I totally feel ya. Please keep us up to date on things.... Love ya - Maria

Elise and Dan said...

Good luck with the move! It will be an adjustment to not have family near by to lean on. That was hard for us when we moved away from them, but then we ended up loving it! Dan lived in Dayton for several years before he moved to Denver. And, he really liked it. I guess it has the best corn in the country!

andreamatrix said...

WHAT? And love it!