Monday, June 1, 2009

My Work and Glory

From Mike: So I'm not looking to make a habit of posting here, but while we have traffic from blog stalkers checking out our new little man, I wanted to share this video clip I recently put together.

This is from an old 70's documentary called Powers of Ten (for those of you who might recognize it from High School Physics class), and I've sped up the footage, dubbed music over the narrator, and added scriptures at the end. I've named the clip My Work and Glory for obvious reasons once you've watched it through and read the scriptures.


Every time I watch this, my heart is touched because it so directly reflects my personal testimony of our Heavenly Father's plan for us. His creations are so vast and incomprehensible that all I can do is stand in amazement and exclaim How Great Thou Art! And yet, despite his countless creations and our relative nothingness, I know that we are everything to Him. He sent His son so we might reach our full potential, so we might become even as He is. Of all God's creations, we--you and I--are His greatest, and He will give us every opportunity to achieve eternal life.




As a new father all over again, I can't help but reflect on what I wouldn't do for my two children, what I wouldn't give to see them protected and able to realize their greatest dreams. And if I then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto my children, how much more shall our Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? How lucky we are to have a loving Heavenly Father who cares so much about us and will give us eternal life, the greatest of all gifts, as we embrace His son and obey His few, simple commandments.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for keeping us updated Mike.

The Becker Bunch said...

That was beautiful, Mike! I cannot believe you guys are leaving us...our ward will not be the same without the Laudies!

cindy said...

So I watched your vidio Mike so I could still be your favorite Motherinlaw...and it was really good. Thanks for sharing.