Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rock & Roll Bands



Five years ago, Jim, Mike, and Jon Laudie drove down to the Boston concert. They parked their car (in a surprisingly good spot) and walked towards the venue. As they approached the surprisingly dark building, they found a note. The concert was cancelled - because one of the members threw out his back! Haha! What a bunch of old men! Needless to say, the Laudie boys were crushed. The only concert they had ever bought tickets for full-price (Laudie's are notoriously cheap).

Five years later, on June 27, 2008, at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix, Mike Laudie's dreams finally came true when he attended the Boston / Styx concert. He's still smiling.

Okay, so it wasn't quite that dramatic, but Mike has been looking forward to this concert for a long time. For Father's Day / Anniversary I got him a pair of tickets and, although I'm sure he would have rather taken Jim or Jon, he did invite me to go with him. It was a lot of fun. Very loud (does that make me sound old?). I recognized a total of 1 1/2 of the songs from Styx (1/2 meaning I vaguely recognized the chorus), and recognized a whopping 8 of Boston's songs thanks to the four years of education from my husband. It really was a fun concert! It was interesting to see what generations showed up - you had the middle aged guys who listened to them when they were new, and then you have the kids of those people who still love them. Thanks Nikki and Seth for watching Amy for us so we could go!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I love them too!!!!!!!!!!! I have to agree with the loudnes though. THat's the only reason I don't go to the concerts. I won't even shop in the stores that play loud music...weird huh? Maybe I'm just old.

andreamatrix said...

You guys kill me. You're always doing something fun. Jerry would be so jealous!