Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ode to Dads

As it is Father's Day, I thought I'd share a few thoughts on the dads in my life: My dad, and my husband.

My Dad is the greatest dad in the world. He is such a strong man; I truly admire him and all he does for our family. He runs his own business doing amazing welding work (highlighted in Phoenix Home and Garden magazine, and then Home and Garden magazine - great articles! I've got a copy if anyone wants to see it!). He works long hours in order to provide our family with not only our needs but so many of our wants. I can't think of a time that I didn't get everything I needed and more! He is also a spiritual giant in our family! He has served ine a couple bishoprics for several years and has always set a great example for us. My dad is also a great friend! He takes us jet skiing, quadding, camping, and just plays around with us in the pool or wherever. Life is always more fun when he's around! Thank you dad for always being there for me. I truly don't think I could be happy with out!


My husband is a great dad! He loves his little girl so very much, even though he really wanted a boy! Nevertheless, Amy has him wrapped around her little finger and she is definitely a daddy's girl. He wouldn't trade her in for a boy now! He is such a hard worker, going to work full-time and doing school in the early mornings. He does early-morning schoolwork so that he can spend his evenings with us! He comes home and runs around with Amy and her face just lights up when he walks in the door. She loves to bring him books and sing songs with him. She also likes to be chased around the house, which he happily complies with. Amy and Mike also like to swim together. Mike grew up with a lot of young siblings, so being a dad really came easily to him. While I have to sometimes remind him that this is his daughter and he has to be a little gentler to her than he would be to his brothers, he loves her with all his heart and we love him for that! Thanks Mike, for all you do! You're an amazing daddy.

1 comments:

:) said...

I love the pic with Mike and Amy in the hammock. So cute! Hey, any news with the ward? Any new callings? Let me know! Nat