Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Camping We Will Go

We love camping! I admit, I like to just sit around and do nothing but play cards and eat camp food. I guess that's what I get for growing up with a scouting father. He had no boys, so we had to do the "boy stuff" with him, although some of my sisters don't love it quite as much as I do. Mike and I went camping several times when we were first married and could just pick up and go whenever we wanted without too much planning, but now it just takes more thought.

Anyway, this weekend was our annual ward campout. Props to Julianne and Bruce for picking a beautiful spot up in Prescott. It was nice and green and, despite the bugs, very pleasant. We were only there for one night, but we spent it eating nice food (burgers and hotdogs for dinner, pancakes and eggs for breakfast, smores in the middle of the night!) and playing games. It was especially nice because we could have campfires, which are always questionable as the summer goes on. We had one at the main campsite and one at our own campsite.

Amy was very good. Except for her crying spout in the middle of our Rook game, she was content to run around and play with all the other kids and just be outside. She especially liked the hammock that Mike hung up. She even fell asleep INSTANTLY once we put her warm pajamas on and tucked her into the sleeping bag. What a blessing! The weather was beautiful. In fact, once the sun came up it was downright warm still, which means we didn't freeze! Hooray! All and all, it was a fantastic trip and we look forward to going camping again later this summer. Anyone want to come?

4 comments:

andreamatrix said...

I wanted to go so bad, but I had a stake meeting I couldn't get out of. I can just imagine the smores... (My main camping motivation.)

Elise and Dan said...

That sounded like fun! I grew up with three brothers and a dad who all loved camping. So, we did a lot of it growing up. Although i grew out of it quickly. Now that I have a family I want to do it again. You made me a little more motivated now!

Aubray Belnap said...

Those pics totally remind me of the days when we did girls camp. I miss going camping! Your photos have inspired me, i'm planning a family camping trip! Thanks
Aubray

lisa said...

fact: i wish i could go camping. i have a tent, air mattress (cause that's how i roll!) and one sleeping bag (i had two, summer destroyed the other one on the exodus...tj can use a blanket!).