Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Mike!

Mike turned 27 on Friday, January 25th. Happy Birthday to Mike! We had a pretty relaxed birthday for him, mostly just hanging around the house. He played video games a lot of the day, either by himself or with Richard. That night we did have some friends over, the Becker's and the Owen's, and had some yummy yummy dinner (Cafe Rio!) and then rocked out to guitar hero, the 80's edition in honor of Mike's love for 80's music. Lindsey Owen was the longest running champ of Guitar Hero, frustrating Mike who was sure he could beat her. Then Mike had his traditional birthday cake - Angel Food cake stuffed with strawberries, cream cheese, and whipped cream. Thanks everyone for coming over and celebrating Mike's birthday with us!

Yummy Cake! I even made the angel food cake (from a box) instead of buying one pre-made this year!
Make a wish! He said afterwards that he wished he could beat Lindsey Owen at guitar hero since she kept smoking him!


Rock it Mike!


6 comments:

lisa said...

i totally forgot to call and wish mike a happy birthday! but it sounds like you had a lot of fun! happy birthday mike...you are now 1 year older (but i don't know how much wiser you are!) we love you buddy.

Calli Potter said...

What can I say Mike except... some people have got the skills, and others.. don't. And you Mike... well, lets just say you are an "other"! We love you Mike, Happy Birthday!

Amie said...

Lindsey! I didn't know you had a blog! I found you on Holly's blog! Imagine my excitement! Very nice job. I love the background! Happy Birthday to Mike. Yum, I never thought of putting cream cheese in angel food cake. Sounds delicious! I can't wait to keep up on all of the Laudie family happenings! :)

andreamatrix said...

Guitar Hero!!! How fun is that! I'm holding out for Rock Star... but we need the whole system. Take a listen to the song on my blog. Perhaps your love life is similar to mine.

The Becker Bunch said...

Thanks again for inviting us...it was such fun!! We love you guys...it's so nice to have great friends! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!! If it makes you feel any better you smoked Seth and I!! :) Sorry we had to cut out early...but you know kids!!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Happy birthday to Mike! It sounds like you guys had a blast rockin' out with Guitar Hero. I've never played it but I've heard its amazingly fun! You'll have to invite us over sometime to play
;-)

PS - Yes, I am dying for Lost to start! We went to see 27 Dresses at the movies this last weekend and they did a sneak peek in the previews for the new season of LOST. Wow! It's gonna be good!