Sunday, November 1, 2009

Summer Fun!

I know... I know... another bunch of months have passed since I've updated. Prepare to be bombarded. I know I could just post the recent stuff and go back and play catch-up, but knowing me I'd never catch up. So here's the first of many posts.

We had a lot of fun this summer! One thing I realized is that there are times that I really do miss the HOT Arizona sun... like when I want to go swimming. It is definitely pleasant here, but I like to be really hot before I jump into a cold swimming pool. Amy sure didn't seem to mind though.

There's a splash area at the local outdoor mall (The Greene) just a mile from our house, so I went there several times with the kids, and a few times with Mike in the evenings to listen to the great live music they had. It usually took Amy some time to decide to get in (she liked to stick her hand in the water and splash a little, but didn't want to fully commit), but when she finally did she giggled and ran around and kept trying to give us freezing cold hugs. It was actually pretty cold the last time we went at the end of the summer, so I didn't bring her swim suit because I was sure she was not going to get in... WRONG! She had never gotten so soaked. What a crazy girl! Matthew loved to go too. He loves to go outside and stare up at the sky and look around at all the people. Amy is OBSESSED with animals! She can spot one across the park every time!

The other fun thing that Mike has really had fun doing this summer is Frisbee Golf (apparently called disc golf to those who really play!). He bought himself a set of frisbees (apparently there are different sizes and weights depending on if you're "putting" or "driving"). There are several courses right around our house and he's enjoyed going out Saturday mornings and playing. We've gone for FHE a couple times too.

2 comments:

cindy said...

That white Laudie skin will probably do better in Ohio than in Arizona!

Calli Potter said...

This made me laugh because Brendan has just gotten obsessed with frisbee golf and bought himself some disks as well (or rather he traded some video games for some). They'll have to get a game going in az!