Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Grandma's Here!

We were so excited for my mom to come visit! We have missed her a lot! Before she got here, we had to make sure we could get the fireplace to work, because Grandma is just like Grandma Knight (her mom)... ALWAYS cold. It's certainly nice to have a warm spot on those cold days!

She got to our house on Sunday, toting gifts (because that's what Grandma's do!). Amy wore her Cinderella dress around for quite a while! (sorry for the lack of pictures... mom took most of the pictures that weekend and she can't find her camera card. dang! The only one I had on my camera was of my mom making a weird face... and if I post it then she will post that horrible picture she has of me, so I won't!)

It was a little cold that week, but mom was a good sport and let us go play outside anyways! We went to a park on Monday and let Amy run around.

On Tuesday we went to Carriage Hill metropark. It was a cute little farm, with animals and historic houses. We wish they would have told more about the history though. We walked into one of the houses and the lady just kind of stared at us while we looked around. But there was the cutest little playhouse for the kids! Amy could have stayed there all day.

We also did a craft, of course! Mom helped me make a super cute Halloween banner.

Mike and I also got to go on a date... without the kids! Woo hoo! Let it be known that I am STILL a lousy bowler... but it was a lot of fun! Thanks mom for staying home with the kiddos... especially grumpy Matthew!

Now we're even more excited than before to go to Arizona for Christmas to spend more time with Grandma, and to see Papa... because the kids can never get enough of him!

1 comments:

cindy said...

you have the best mom!