Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daily Life

Here are some fun things we've been doing lately:

Inspired by my older sister, when blueberries went on a really good deal, Amy and I decided to buy a bunch and make blueberry muffins and blueberry freezer jam. Amy loved to help me smash the blueberries. It turned out pretty well too!


Amy has been spending a lot of time "stomping in the rain." She thinks it's great fun to go outside with her pink umbrella and just walk around the deck. Sometimes she puts the umbrella down and lays in the water. Does anyone else have a kid who has the horrible habit of licking water off the floor, or am I just lucky?

My mom had bought some fruit loops while she was here, intending to let the kids make fruit loop necklaces, but alas we never got around to it. So I sat down with Amy after our visitors had left to "teach" her how to do it. I say "teach" because basically I showed her one and she was off. It amazes me the little things she learns so quickly, like threading. I guess she's getting old. She had a blast making it, but even more fun eating it!

This is Mike and Amy stomping in the rain together.
So, funny story. We have this fantastic slide in the backyard, but it's actually quite steep and fast. Amy works hard to slow herself down as she goes down. Well, it was raining pretty hard one day and Mike gets the brilliant idea to let Amy go down the "water slide." Amy agreed to do it, so up she went, and by the time Mike blinked she had come down SUPER fast and slid right past him onto the ground. Needless to say, she didn't go on the slide for a few days after that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hallarious. Oh you have to love the rain. And your new swing set!

cindy said...

Mike is a MEAN DAD!