Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Valentine's Dinner

This one is out of order a bit, but I do have one more Valentine's Day post. I know, I know, I've had my Valentine's Day post up forever, but I promise this is the last one. Mike and I had enjoyed our at-home valentine's day a lot, but decided we still wanted to go out to a nice V-day dinner. I had a gift card from my boss from Christmas to this really nice steakhouse called Fleming's, so we decided to try it out. We got all dressed up, dropped Amy off at the sitter's house (thanks Kimmi!) and headed out. The food was delicious and the restaurant was very formal-feeling. In this ambiance, imagine our embarressment when this happened: We cut into our steaks, after spooning our side-dishes onto our plates, only to find that we had been given the wrong steaks (I got his, he got mine). So we decided to just pass them across the table. I, being the wise one, used both my utensils and got my food from one side to the other. Mike, not as wise, decided to balance it on his fork. Flop. It landed right in the middle of the white tablecloth. So, for the rest of the night, that's where our cups sat - right in the middle of the stain to cover it up. However, every time the waiter came to refill our cups he'd pick up the cup and reveal the stain. Yeah, we laughed about it all night long. It's probably one of those "you had to be there" moments, but we found it really funny.

Thanks for a nice night out Mike! I love you!

0 comments: