Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oh Sugar, Where Art Thou?

So you know how they say you don't miss something until you don't have it. So true. I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes for this pregnancy - that means I'm diabetic while I'm pregnant but shouldn't be after the baby comes. What does that mean? That means once a week ultrasounds to make sure the baby's not in distress and still has plenty of fluid. It also means that I am on an 1800 calorie diet which completely eliminates sugar from my diet! What a nice surprise right before Easter - the season of Robin's Eggs, my absolute favorite! Oh the things we do for our children - he better be worth it! (I know he will be, I'm just kidding.)

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

I had no idea..that sucks, but anything for a healthy little guy, right?

:) said...

Yea for new posts! It was good to see you on Saturday and sorry about the Diabetes. But, I do hope that you bought yourself some Robin's Eggs for an after the baby comes treat. Can't wait to see pics of the baby's room!

andreamatrix said...

Don't worry. I'll eat enough sugar for both of us. You can thank me later....

Clint and Mari Cluff said...

Man, that does suck about the gestational diabetes! I don't know what I would do, I have to have my sugar everyday! Not to much longer and you will have your baby. How exciting!