Friday, August 1, 2008

Such a Big Girl!

Amy is getting to be such a big girl! She will be 1-3/4 tomorrow! Anyway, her hair is finally long enough to do more than pigtails to it, so here's the day she let me braid her hair. Unfortunately, it only looks like this for about 5 minutes before she starts rolling around on the floor and messes it up, so for those of you who see her at church, just look at this picture and imagine this is what she looked like on the way to church before she messed it up.


Also, we are starting the adventure of potty training! Yikes! Yesterday was day 1, and it went pretty well. The score was 2 points to the potty, 1/2 point to the carpet, and 1/2 point to the bathtub. I thought that was pretty good for the first day. Today, the carpet is 1-0 on the potty, but after a day and a half of not pooping (she's been holding it in), she decided she finally needed to go and she sat on her potty all by herself and went! Hooray! She was promptly rewarded with a sucker. Here's hoping today continues to be good!

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

Yeah! I really like the phase of potty training myself. I mean yeah, its frustrating, but the end result is AWESOME! I mean I don't mind diapers, but after a while........... I mean who wants a kid in kindergarten who still needs a diaper? Jayden was so easy and cute, Alyssa was a bit rougher but now she's so cute when she says, "can I use the potty?" like she needs permission!!!!!!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Yay for Amy! I hope all goes well for you and the potty training. "Potty" and "training" used in the same sentence in our house are considered swear words! I hate it!! Its so nice when they finally get it!! Your last posts were way cute. I loved the camping pictures!

mph said...

What a cutie in her braids! Adorable little girl!!

kimber said...

Tyler loves to roll all around and mess up her hair right before church also.
Wow for potting training so early, that's great!

Amie said...

Ok Lindsey. Now I'm really feeling behind on things. I have been trying to introduce the whole potty training idea to Aiden and he is just NOT having it. Score for us today...potty=0. Carpet = many

I have decided I love diapers.

Phooey on potty training at our house. BUT YEA FOR AMY AND POTTY TRAINING AT THE LAUDIE HOME!

andreamatrix said...

Shall we bet on who is potty trained first? Amy or my puppy, Putters? My money is on Amy.