Sunday, August 24, 2008

Barbecuing

For Father's Day, I got Mike a book on grilling because he had mentioned before that he wanted to learn to grill more and better. Well, he has taken the challenge to heart. He has decided to barbecue every other Sunday and it has been DELICIOUS! A couple weeks ago he made pork tenderloin with this amazing garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and other stuff sauce and marinade and topped it with grilled onions. SO GOOD! I wasn't sure he'd be able to keep up with this deliciousness, but then today... HOLY COW! He SMOKED pork spareribs with a homemade rub and a homemade bbq sauce. It was so good that we ate WAY too much, but it was hard to walk away from. So, if you're dying for some good barbecue, try to invite yourself over 2 Sundays from now for some mm, mm, good cooking. Thanks Mike!

5 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

I'm coming right over! Looks DE-lish! We love to BBQ too.

The Becker Bunch said...

Consider us THERE!! :) He looks like a pro...way to go Mike!!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

My mouth is watering!! There's something great about men who cook!


About your last post: You and your sisters all look so much a like! You are all so beautiful!

Liz said...

Wow, I never knew Mike had it in him! I thought all Laudie men were prone to burning burgers on the grill... ;)

Just kidding. I'm really impressed with your cooking skills, Mike! Considering I was the one who would always cook when mom was gone or sick or something. :) Are you sharing recipes? Dan just cleaned up our old grill we inherited from Mom and Dad and he's in need of some tips.

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

So this has nothing to do with barbequeing...but I thought I'd tell you that Wicked is coming to Salt Lake next April and May....which is a great time of year to come visit Utah...and we could try to convince Shiloh to come...(unless she gets pregnant right away and is 9 months pregnant). Anyway, just a thought.