Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saints and Pioneers

So this is my (Mike's) favorite Pioneer Day album. It's by Rob Gardner, a composer out of Mesa. We got to go watch this fireside/presentation a year ago at Gammage, and the spirit was phenomenal! This is the story of the pioneers in words and music and I hope you get a chance to hear it. I took the tracks and put them into one long "video" clip. It's pretty long, but well worth it, so if you're like my wife, you can turn it on and go "blog stalking" for the next hour. You'll have to turn off the music player at the bottom of the blog. My favorite tracks are #6 (We Must Sing) and #17 (Come Ye Disconsolate). Enjoy!

(At the expense of sounding like a commercial, you can find Rob's other albums, including a similar one on Joseph Smith at www.spiremusic.org)


1 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for posting this, Mike. I just listened to it this morning while cleaning and playing with Anna. I hadn't heard this one yet, but I do know and love the Joseph Smith the Prophet one. It was beautiful!